Let's Celebrate!


It has been a long wait for
Lisa and Adam, but today, finally, they brought their son, Jayden, home from the hospital. So many of us have been following their journey online, we thought it only fitting we throw a baby shower of sorts to welcome the new addition!

So, let's celebrate!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Bye, Elephant!

Welcome Jayden!

Oh, Lisa, I cannot tell you how happy I am that you can now replace the elephant adoption countdown clock on your blog with pictures of your beautiful boy! I know this has been a long, and difficult journey, and I am so glad you and Adam are finally parents. I bet just looking at that little face makes all the time you spent waiting, and hoping wash away. I know it did for me.

Now, since this is a baby shower (albeit a virtual one), we must be giving you presents...

Working with kids you already know the messes they can make, so you will be needing lots of bibs and cloths like this one. Now, you only registered for two, and you will likely nee more like two thousand, but I figure it will help. Oh, and even when you do get a full arsenal of towels, diapers, washcloths, sleeps, and swaddling blankets, Jayden will still spit up on your shoulder. Or your chest. Or down your back. Or pretty much anywhere he feels like it. Take it from a woman who used to have a non-stained wardrobe, it will happen.

Best of luck! And best wishes!

Now, if you could only find a virtual way to make you wear baby gift wrap on your head!

Libby

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for setting this up for me. You are amazing. My mom and I were all teary reading these.

    Thank you for being such a huge supporter of mine. I remember reading your tweets when you were at the hospital when Meg was born and thinking that will be me someday, I just need to hold on. Then I read your blog as Meg grew from newborn to walking- still reminding myself it will be anytime now. It always cheered me up to look at pics of Meg. Late last night Jayden and I were hanging out and I went to your blog and looked at your old posts of Meg again like I would do during the wait! I'm pretty sure Jayden thinks she is as cool as I do :)

    Thank you so much for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, we LOVE these. They work as both burp cloths and bibs. They have a snap in the back to close it and wear it as a bib. And it's big and absorbent, so I always use them when we are out somewhere and I don't want to get formula/spit up on his clothes. It works very well. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete